2. ....4 months that we will be without Justin. I know that's not too long, but it's longer then the 2 months before Eli was born and the 2 months after he was born. I'm not really looking forward to being on my own again...on the other hand, I am so very thankful that we could spend part of this 1 year remote assignment together - in paradise!!
3. Yup...it's mail day again!! I love Tuesdays! Valentine care packages came today, along with my 2nd favorite delivery...People Magazine...Yea!!! It's nice to keep up on all of the "important" happenings in the U.S. I can't believe that Justin was more excited to get Tax documents than my informative magazine!
4. Justin has won a round trip ticket to the island of Barbados...no family included. How you ask? The U.S. ambassador has asked for Justin to come to do a briefing at the U.S. Embassy. He's playing in the big time now :) The boys and I hoped to tag along, but for several reasons it just isn't going to work out!
5. Summertime is a time for buzz cuts - I love that first haircut of the summer when I can just buzz the boys' hair off - they look so cute. When Zach's hair started to get a little bit longer here, we noticed how blonde it was becoming...so we have let it keep growing - we now have a little blondie on our hands...very cute don't you think?

6. Kids say the funniest things don't they...many of you know our troubles with potty training (big smile)...Justin asked Zach the other day when he would be potty trained...after thinking long and hard with his hand on his chin, he very seriously replied..."When I'm 7." At the rate we're going I'm afraid that may be true? Anybody with boys who cares to give good advice...we'll take it; not including your "my son was potty trained in a day" stories!! :)
7. Only 5 more months until we move to Alabama...we still do not know if we are going to sell or rent our house in the Springs - anybody interested?? We'll make you a good deal??
8. This is Mona....she is for many reasons called "Momma Mona" around here, and let me tell you she IS a momma. She LOVES Eli...loves to snatch him out of his stroller, loves to tell us how to parent him, and says she loves him more than we do!! She talks so fast, in dialect, and then quizzes me to see if I really understand what she is saying! She is one of the many Antiguan ladies here on the station who loves on the boys, and has made our stay very memorable.

9. Stanfords 20/20 cricket tournament is happening here. For all of you who think Cricket isn't exciting, well, it isn't - - but it IS a great place to people watch, to see amazing colors, hear loud music, and just get excited!! People from all over the Caribbean are here on the island to cheer their team on. We went to a game Friday night...who did we sit next too?? An American couple from Fort Collins, Colorado...they had won a trip to Antigua...what a small world.
I can't think of anything else to say. I guess that is a good indication that "Thirteen on Thursday" or "Tuesday Twenties" isn't an good idea for me!! Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:
I know you will not like leaving Paradise - but we will be glad to see you when you get back - I am not sure that we are going to let you move to Alabama though! LOL!
It sure looks like fun and sooo beautiful - and just in case you were wondering - we are supposed to get more SNOW - on THURS!!!!
Sweet blessings!
Renee and the ATH clan
Post a Comment