This is Mona...you met her in the last post. She is one of Eli's biggest fans! She is always letting him grab her fingers and then she exclaims to Justin "Major...ya' see, ya' see, ya' see....he's risen up, he's risen up to me!!" The lady sitting on the bench is Lynette...she is the singer in the dining hall. It is a rare meal when you sit down and don't hear her singing a hymm in the back room - she has an amazing voice!!
This is Marilynn...she comes in a close 2nd on Eli's fan list..."Elijah" as she calls him. She always says "Elijah, Auntie Marilyn has been longin' to see ya'." She is certain that the reason he is chewing on his hands all the time is because he is "hungry for a chicken bone!" I had never thought of that, but I think I'll settle for just giving him a messy teething biscuit.
This is Mary...she is the Residential Services Manager...and the one who could either make our stay miserable...or great - - she has been incredible, getting us everything we could need...including my one cup coffee maker :) She rarely has the chance to hold Eli, even if she had time, one of her staff would snatch him away! But when she does, she takes advantage of it and as you can see, she can really get him going.
Mona and Mira...not only does Mira like Eli, but aparently has a little crush on Justin. How could you not...he sincerely smothers these gals with compliments and they feed him in return!!
There are several other people that I would love to share with you, but haven't taken pictures of. I can't really explain how everyone here has made our stay so wonderful! Not only have I learned a lot about them, their culture and life, but hopefully the boys and I have brought some life to their world also! I know Eli won't remember anything from our time here, but I hope that Zach and Seth can bring away at least a taste of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment