January 23, 2008

The Hazard of having a wife who "Messes" with Camera Settings

I know that Vonnie would never call it messing...it would come out more like "experimenting", or "being artsy", but come on guys...we all know they just want us to miss the "perfect" picture opportunity!!
Vonnie had been taking pictures of Nelson's Dockyard and had even told me that she took one picture in color and the very next one of the exact same place in Black and White...I will agree that she told me this, however I would never have thought that meant I will leave it on an "expiremental" setting for you while I go and feed Eli. So here are the boys climbing on an old cannon (in numerous shades of gray).
This was my attempt to take and "artsy" picture...had I known it was NOT in color, I might have tried harder, with a camera in the "Manual" setting, you have to actually think! Guys weren't designed to do that!! :)
These last two actually turned out pretty nice. The first one is a picture out over English Harbor with Shirley Heights high on top of the hill in the background...not the contrast in colors that was there, but still a nice picture.
This last one actually turned out pretty nice in Black and White...so while I make it sound like nothing good came out of getting a camera on a "Weird" setting, we now know that is not true...but if all you want to do is make a picture black and white; I think they make software that does that!
Oh well...the joys of Black and White...digital photography...and the fact that we weren't just here on a week long vacation ensure this lesson will stick with me...Next time I will remember to check the settings! :)

2 comments:

The Adventure said...

Very funny honey!! That's the last time I nap and leave you alone with the computer :)

Vonnie

Anonymous said...

The pictures are good even in black and white so quit whinning.