November 21, 2007

The boys in St John's, Antigua...



Our first trip to the "City"! We are hanging out waiting for Mom and Dad to get Eli out of the car so we can go and see the big boats! The first thing Zach said when I parked on the curb was..."Where are the water and the sand??" He didn't understand how we could be going to see a big boat and not be at the beach...by the way, the first trip to the beach was a huge hit! No pictures as both Vonnie and I had out hands full. Zach wouldn't stop playing in the sand, and Seth wouldn't stop running from the water. It is a good thing there are two of us, as the boys are polarized!

Vonnie and the boys checking out the water. The ship directly behind Seth is a Royal Navy (UK) warship. Her mission is hurricane support and drug interdiction! I got to have cocktails with the crew last Thursday night. It was a nice time, and another thing I won't get to do just any old time...a month or so ago, they stopped some runners with 3.5 TONS of Cocaine. Took drugs off the market with a street value of upwards of $500 MILLION dollars! WOW, and AWESOME!

Zach and Seth checking out a "real, live" pirate ship. They thought it was pretty cool, and I could tell they were just imagining getting to sail with it, and do whatever pirates do. Mostly just act cool I think...that is why there are so many cartoons, and movies about pirates right?? :)

Love to all, and have a happy Thanksgiving...to those of you who are having a cold holiday, please feel free to visit the following website and know that we are commiserating with you!! :)

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/ANU:9

Please note that next Thursday, we might have to get our jackets out if we are outside during the low!

No comments: