June 27, 2008

Col Gruber and crew on Antigua

After the 15 hours they spent on a plane from when I saw them Monday evening until they returned on Wednesday morning I thought they could use some refreshment! I took them down to Keith my Natural Medicine Dr!! (Gardener) for some good old fashion coconut water. They were all brave enough to even eat out some of the Jelly...Thanks Keith, it was a great experience. (SMSgt Lizak -- Group First Seargent, Me, Col Gruber -- Group Commander, Capt Suzzi -- Group Executive Officer, Keith -- THE MAN!)

All of the work pictures you have seen before, so this is the beginning of the "Island Surveillance" pictures. In my 11+ months here, I have not been to the top of Sir Allan Stanford's tower...so we went to the top. It was interesting to see what developments they still have planned around our base and facilities...as you can tell, his tower is close to base as we surveyed my "domain!" :)

A picture of the crew atop the Tower...I tried to get my dishes in the background, but we missed! Oh well...maybe next time.


This is a picture of what has become one of my favorite dinner spots. Cecil and "Mama" always take good care of us and the Chicken Fettucinni is to die for!

The following day Col Gruber was able to fly out on the 0900 plane, but there was only one seat. So the Shirt and Exec "sacrificed" and hung out on the island until the 1500 plane. They slept in while I took the boss to his plane and when I was able to arouse them they wanted to see a beach...we went to "Sandals' Beach..." one of Vonnie and My Favorites!!



No comments: