September 7, 2009

Farewell Friend...

Blogging has been slow this month...Today, we talked about posting pictures from our busy fun filled family weekend...but tonight our hearts are both sad and joyful...my friend of over 12 years (Justin's for 9) passed away this weekend. She battled Cerebral Palsy and all of it's physical limitations, yet was a light to all of those around her. So we wanted to have a post in honor of her; and in honor of our friendship...we are so thankful that tonight she is no longer in pain, she is in Heaven with the perfect body that she always longed for!

Farewell friend...We look forward to seeing you again...in Eternity!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No wheelchairs in Heaven

Life isn't always easy
Sitting in a wheelchair
Sometimes I get discouraged
And loaded down with care

That's when I lean on Jesus
To help me through the day
For he gives me peace and comfort
When trials come my way

The Bible says there is a place
That someday I will see
Where there will be no sickness
Or pain to bother me

I'll walk upon a street of gold
Glorious beauty I will share
In a place called Heaven
Where I'll need no wheelchair

By: J Morse

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. I believe we met her at your wedding 9 years ago. Take care. NV Grandma

Katie said...

Touching tribute Vonnie. Thoughts and prayers for you guys and her family as well.

Sled Dawgs said...

Such a beautiful post Vonnie. Your friend will be remembered and I am sure you loved her well while she was here. You are an amazing friend and I know that you touch so many lives.