July 14, 2010

An Update...and snakes!

I thought it might be about time for a little update...so I sat down to download pictures off of my camera (which hasn't been used much lately) and came across some fun Colorado pictures about instead!

I'll start with a quick update...we moved into our new home about one month ago. It was one of our smoothest unpacks yet. I guess moving 3 summers in a row has turned us into pros! We were completely unpacked in about 3 to 4 days. Maybe with baby on the way we both felt a little bit of pressure to get things done quickly! We are loving our new home (long story, but we finally closed 2 days ago); and are just putting the finishing touches on it...hanging pictures, putting curtains up, and a few other things.

"Loving" is certainly not a word I would use to describe how we feel about the heat here. I suppose that "unbearable" might describe it a little bit better. However, we are tolerating it and trying to find as many fun indoor things to do as we can! I ventured out on a walk this evening; Justin informed me that the "feels like" temp was 98 degrees. No wonder I was hot and sweaty just after one loop!

Baby Mulkey has yet to make an appearance! I am 6 days away from my due date...feeling great...and looking forward to meeting this little sweetie! My Doctor in Colorado had mentioned that I would feel much better once I lived at sea level versus the high altitude of Colorado. At the time I didn't believe him, but that has proven to be true over these last 4 weeks! I have really enjoyed being able to breath, not to mention the extra energy I have had as well.

Ok...now for these pictures. Many of you know that we had some snakes in our yard in Colorado that were never brave enough to show themselves when Justin was home. For example, the day he left for Antigua for a year, was the first time I saw one. Since that time, they only came out while he was headed out on a TDY. That is, until the day we were pulling out of town! These harmless guys let themselves be caught...and played with for a while!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's hard to be the Mom and just stand by while my boys love on a snake...but then on the other hand, boys will be boys; and most boys love snakes and bugs! We sure did appreciate this snake being so thoughtful and letting us officially say goodbye! We have sinced discussed this snake several times...and also discussed the fact the Louisiana snakes may not be quite as nice!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Their uncle Darrell brought one home in his pocket one time when he was pretty young. Hope any you have in Lousianna are nice ones too. NV Grandma