March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Daddy...Love Mommy, Zach, Seth, and Eli

This picture is for you Grandma Pam...thanks to you, the boys had a little something to wake up to this morning. Mommy wasn't able to get out this year to get them any goodies - but believe me, they were thrilled with these masks!! It was the perfect accessory to their Easter outfits, and the only way I could get the both of them to pose for pictures this morning.


Seth was completely against wear a tie with his hand-me-down dress shirt; that is, until he saw that Zach was going to wear one. Neither of them enjoyed being choked by the top button of their shirts, so they wore them with it unbuttoned!! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Eli this morning - he woke up just in time to hurry, get dressed, and race out the door...and by the time we got home he had pottied through his outfit and wasn't really in the mood for a photo session! Maybe next Sunday.


We decided to make some sugar cookies this afternoon....WHAT A MESS, but fun! Zach actually seemed to get the hang of things, although his cookies are all about 1/2 inch thick...


Seth on the other hand kept rolling and cutting...then re-rolling and cutting...and re-rolling again. This wouldn't have been a good thing in Grandma Shirley's kitchen that's forsure. I think that only one of his cut outs actually made it to the pan - and with as many times as he messed with it, I'm not sure I want to be the one eating it!!


We were planning on icing them also...but after we created such a huge mess, I really wasn't up for the whole frosting business. I let them have one cookie to eat - Zach iced his and added "green sugar" sprinkles. Seth wanted his "just regular."

We sure did miss Daddy today - Zach called him and asked if we could come down for a visit...their little hearts are really sure what to make of all of this!!

Happy Easter!!! We love you all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute baby...I sure can't wait to get a few of those specially decorated cookies in a "care package"...you know the more frosting on them the better! Thanks so much for putting pictures on every day! I love you, don't know if I will be able to view them from Down South, but I will try. Love you, -J

Anonymous said...

It looks like the boys had fun making cookies and a great big mess. I didn't know they would look so cute in ties and nice shirts and Spiderman masks. NV. Mom