October 5, 2007

Hiking...the Great Outdoors!

Mom, Seth, and Megan enjoying the scenery...or maybe Seth is speculating on what it would feel like to role all the way to the bottom of the hill...
The four children who did not have a problem with having their pictures taken...Seth, Megan, Brandon, and Ellie!
Wow dad...look at all that Yellow. I thought you said the colors were going to be pretty...I only like ORANGE...Isn't grandma Pam making me an Orange Blanket?? I can't wait!
Vonnie, Amy, and Eli...honest he is in there somewhere...and greatly enjoying his first hiking trip...I don't know if we were supposed to take him up to this elevation...but he doesn't seem any worse for the wear...he is actually eating more it looks like!
Look...I CAN FLY! "TO BEFINITY AND BEYOND!" Actually that is what he says as he is leaping down a flight of stairs at home!
WOW!!! VERY PRETTY.


I am not sure whose idea this was...we were actually trying to get Ellie to hold Zach's hand and cheer him up, but that didn't work. Megan decided she would help Seth get up the trail. I wonder if this will be in the slide show at their wedding? :)

So when Zach decided to actually let us see his face, this is the look we got. I think he was just hungry...after we gave him a snack and a little lunch, he cheered up a little bit. Unfortunately we didn't bring the camera back out to get the proof!


Geez dad...you said this hiking thing was going to be tough! I am not even breaking a sweat up here...you must be a little weaker than the rest of us guys...eat more tomatoes like me!
The masked bandit...he was having such a great time, that he wouldn't even let us take a picture of his face...if he knew it was happening. The joys of having a camera that clicks very quickly.
We went to look at the pretty colors...we missed them by a little bit, but it was a great day and a nice hike. Of course the colors in Colorado consist of Aspen Yellow. Not quite what you would find out in the North East!
I don't like this hiking thing one bit...I am cold, and I am not going to have any fun, no matter what you say...fortunately, she warmed up temperature wise and her attitude got a lot better!



Off we go! Should be a good time...I wonder where this trail leads?
Little Eli James' first introduction to the wilderness...we would have used him for a snack if we had found a bear and it started to chase us...you know what they always say about seeing a bear..."You don't have to outrun the bear...just the slowest person in the group!" Sorry Eli!!



Best Friends forever...I think you can even see some snow on the mountains in the background!


No comments: