July 4, 2008

First time fishing on Antigua

I was invited to go fishing with Mike and Dave last night...they said they were going out at 9PM. It turns out they left at 6PM and had a great time...so today when Dave called me at noon to say they were leaving to fish at 4:45PM...Naturally I was ready to go by 2:30...didn't want to be left behind!! :)
This first picture is of the bait...we used Squid!! Yummy...who doesn't like calamari, including the little fish!
Me fishing off the rocks on the way out to the CIF...this is just past Allan Stanford's compound and boat yard. Beautiful way to spend a day...I got snagged and had to wade out and free my line.
The first stop didn't go so well, so after about 1.5 hours we moved over to the pier at the old Beachcomber hotel...notice that I am wet all the way to my underarms...this is from freeing my hook at spot #1.



Me with the Beachcomber in the background...and an nice begining to the sunset. Mike caught 7 fish, David caught 4, and I caught 1...at least I wasn't skunked!

Happy Forth of July everyone...hope you enjoyed your fireworks...they didn't have them on Antigua...it turns out not all the countries around the world celebrate our independence...Just us and the UK! :)

1 comment:

The Adventure said...

Happy 4th of July to you too babe! NO fireworks for us either - we chose to celebrate without them! I like that last picture with the sun behind you! Can't wait to enjoy a sunset with you!